New flagship car showroom for Hyundai
The proposal incorporates the redevelopment of an existing derelict site known as the Alfa Laval Tower. Occupying a prominent position along the A4, the redevelopment of this site for the proposed showcases building for Hyundai will provide the following benefits;
- Provide a well designed, landmark building in this prominent location.
- Introduce a sustainable use for this environmentally constrained site.
- Improve the street scene and urban realm with a well detailed, high quality, contemporary building.
- Provide an energy efficient and sustainable development which incorporates the re-use of an existing building as well as the development of new build.
- Contribute to the commercial frontage along Great West Road.
- Introduce major economic benefits, including the provision of up to 100 jobs.
- Redevelop the existing derelict site in a manner which is consistent with the wider development objectives, significantly enhancing the visual appearance of the delapidated building.
- Enhance the safety of highway users, including pedestrians and cyclists.
HPP and the applicants have undertaken a number of pre-application meetings with the LPA and held two publicexhibitions to inform local residents and local businesses of the proposal, thus encouraging feedback which has informed the development proposal.